Sunday, April 15, 2012

Green Fashion

After visiting Wizard World, took a quick trip to the Direct Energy Centre to check ou the Green Living Show. One great feature was that if you brought electronic waste, you got a free ticket into the show. Dead VCR in hand, I picked up my ticket and headed in. Now, there is lots going on at the show, inlcuding solar power, hybrid/electric cars, organic foods, organic clothing, etc, but I was there for the Green Fashion Show! Ok, this wasn't a fashion show made up of green fabric, but was an attempt to lower the impact of fashion on the environment, by reusing fabrics, give new use to old fashion, as well as lowering the chemicals used in fabrics.

Hosted by Kelly Drennan, Founder of Fashion Takes Action, a number of models were on hand, with makeup and hair (by salonWORLD) done in a "sustainable" way.

Now these models are doing the typical "icy cool" thing where there is no emotion, and no interaction with the audience. I never really understand that.











So, after seeing the models,



there was only one girl that stood out to me.



Now this girl is a very attractive woman, but what really caught my eye was exactly that, her eyes! She made specially note to make eye contact with me during the show. Ok, it was the camera, but she did this all around the event, as she moved from the stage, into the audience. This gave me a connection to her, and honestly, I paid more attention to her than any of the other women. And considering this is a fashion show, don't you, as a designer, want me to pay attention the most to the girl wearing your clothes? I would think so!



No comments:

Post a Comment