Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fan Expo

It was Fan Expo weekend in Toronto, as everyone who had a costume put it on and headed down to the Metro Convention Centre.

the Monty Python knights from the Holy Grail













A couple of pirates handing out stuff on the sidewalk





cool eyes!



A couple of nerd loving babes were also on hand!



One of my favourites was this Steam Punk version of Buzz Lightyear!


And those who have made their living by putting on an costume on the big and small screen were drawing even more down to the event.
Some of the stars included

Hayden Panettiere



Eliza Dushku



Lee Majors



Barbara Eden



Here's a lucky fan with his signed albulm and a jeanie bottle!



Larry Hagman



Nichelle Nicohols



Marina Sirtis



Lexa Doig



Lance Henriksen



Malcolm McDowell



and my personal favourite from the show,
Katee Sackhoff




Katee was the new Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica, as well as in the Bionic Woman, 24, Nip Tuck, and will be in a new series, Longmire, on A&E

In the afternoon I joined the line to get her autograph, and decided I would pony up the the $50 to get her autograph and photo (I need a new christmas card!). I handed my camera over to my brother, got up to the table, and talked to the dude taking the cash. I said Photo please, he said when, I said now, he turned to the evil media lady to his left, who said "no photos with Katee, it's in her contract, you have to come back and have a professional do it!" I'm like WHAT the FRACK! (sorry, couldn't resist!)
Stupid, so I got my money back, and walked away without even talking with Katee :(



Oh well, you can follow her on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment