Monday, September 5, 2011

Ye Ole Steam Era

Milton has been holding a Steam Era show (which started in 1960, but not in Milton), and it was a group of guys who got together to show their steam era equipment.
I decided to check it out as there was supposed to be a Steam Engine NIGHT OF FIRE SPARK SHOW!

When I got there, it was tractor pull time, and we are talking lawn tractors!




And something that reminded me of my childhood was there. My older brother John had a small steam engine, which was basically a little oven that you burned chunks of white fuel, which in turn heated the water to create steam, and with that, you produced motion, much like a train wheel. Once collector had a bunch on the table, which was pretty cool.



Unfortunately, it was about 1/2 past 10 at nite, and the tractor pull was still going on, so I don't know if they did the spark show or not, but I left.

However, during my wait, I did get some shots of some of the steam tractors at the fair grounds.





















No comments:

Post a Comment